Pages

Search

Monday, May 18, 2009

You just had to be there... We Believe 2007!


There was a lot of yellow that year... Better late than never, here's to great memories and great friendships!

I wish I had this blog site 2 years ago when the Warriors made it to the playoffs. It's never too late to post up such great memories and talk about it. Ya'll know the deal right? Your Golden State Warriors barely make the 8th spot to go head to head with the number 1 ranking Dallas Mavericks... and loses to your Dubs! It was some serious news here in the bay area and it was a tale I will never forget. I remember showing my support, through illustrated sign designs depicting our lovable Warriors of 2007. In 4 playoff home games I tried to draw as many designs as I could. A part of me wanted to just get on TV, but another part of me knew it was a good gesture towards the team. The fun I had got me some National exposure and a chance to post my stuff on Golden State of Mind. Everyone's a winner!

Sorry it took me so long to post these pics. 2007's We Believe Playoff run was memorable in part by all of the new friends I made. Our common interest was Warrior basketball but in the long run we all became very good friends. Whether its a "hey, how ya doin'" at a home game or a shout out or 2 on Facebook... friends will always be friends. I'd like to think of the Oracle Arena as the happiest place on earth for Warrior fans alike... even when we lose! Now if only our front office could get their act together and get us back to in the playoffs with the right chemistry! I don't have the same courtesy as winning teams like the Lakers or even the 76ers who make the playoffs... it's a decade thing for us Warrior Fans to take part in post season activities!

No comments:

Post a Comment