Pages

Search

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Celebrity Status Sign Designs


TV, internet, local newspaper... I got it covered. I'd love to have a Reality Show, LOL!

It's a trip when your Mom calls you and tells you that she saw you on TV. (top left) Even if its for 2 seconds, it kinda makes you feel like a celebrity. I bugged out when my friend called me and said Dude... you're on the front page of the Contra Costa Times Newspaper! (bottom right) It was also super weird seeing my sign on TV, than outta nowhere a crane lifted The Warriors starting 5 right next to it! (top right) They even plugged one of my signs on The Warriors website and I'm not even a student! (bottom left)

What's with the big signs? It started on the Warriors 2006-2007 season. I would always see great homemade signs made outta whatever folks can get their hands on... markers, crayons, cut outs, etc. and they were making it on TV! I wanted to be on TV, and I love to draw on the computer... lucky enough the camera's caught my stuff and kept rolling. There was some trickery involved as well. I couldn't afford lower level tickets all the time so my wife and I would always have to find ways and sneak down t the floor and position ourselves wherever the cameras and players were. I guess you can say, I got my rocks off seeing my designs on TV. (myself included)

I never took a dime from the Warriors front office on my work, and anytime I brought my homemade signs to a game, I never asked for anything from them. I'd like to think that a small buzz was created using my sites like GSoM, my personal blog, google and other social network sites to help get the word out. The fans, including the players appreciate it. Maybe it's a "sign" that something big is about to happen if I'm patient! (which I am, lol)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the hundredth post Tony and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete