Pages

Search

Monday, May 18, 2009

The lost illustrator files 07-08 (part 1)


Decided to finally put these out... you've seen em' in the past, think of em' as unreleased material!

There were a number of reasons why I decided to not show these drawings until now. Some of those reasons were that a few of these players were no longer playing with the Warriors, that and some of the hype simply passed on. (it was a great idea during that time frame though, lol) The whole idea last season was to bring a new sign design to every home game... why? I just did it for fun, a good laugh and to get some exposure of course. This is just a handful of designs, remember there's about 40+ home games! A lot of my ideas were based on movies, tv shows and of course comic books. I basically looked for ideas that people could get familiar with. When your at a sporting event and see a sign advertising something, how many seconds do you spend looking at it? I wanted folks to recognize the movie and realize their favorite Warrior was featured on it!

I personally liked them all, the fans got a kick out of them and the players included were always happy with the renditions. My personal favorites included the Biedrins/Jackson Top Gun parody and the Back to the Future design, these ideas were so true to the chemistry of things happening at the time. I also thought the Altered Beast sign was kick ass, gamers were really hyped with that one and Azubukie has always been a beast on court. A lot of these idea's were also pitched by GSoM's faithful readers including the "Austin Croshere Powers" Parody, who formerly played for the W's. I used the 300 based design (bottom left) to hype the upperlevel club 200 fans during a rally push late in the 4th quarter and I can't seem to forget Belinelli's reaction his Rambo inspired sign! For what it was worth, these signs really meant a lot to me. It was an escape from reality by having fun with different ideas and some lucky kid got to keep em' after the game! What can I say? We Believe started it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment