Pages

Search

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Childhood friends

Left to right: Noel, Tony, Eric, Gerald, Augustine and Lex. (photo by Lexquisite Photography)

I grew up with these fellas, some I've known as early as elementary school. Back in high school, we didn't have a care in the world aside from graduating. We barely worked a full time job and rarely had anything to do because we had each other and it was all about kickin' it and having a good time! The fellas were able to stay in touch throughout the years. I've always done my best to catch up but always found myself way to busy with work. Thank goodness for Facebook for bringing us together again. If not in person but together as a group, socializing on-line.

On May 7th, me and the gang reunited as a whole at Las Vegas Taqueria in Milpitas, CA. Man, we've all come a long way since those days of high school. Though the meeting was only an hour and a half we reminisced about old times, getting old and joking about random moments in our lives. Being with my brothers humbled me... It made me realize how much stress I put on myself and how working too much took this bond away from me. There was a time when I always declined meet ups with friends either because I was busy working or too tired from work. These guys brought me back to appreciating the things around me again. Here's to friendship!

1 comment: