Pages

Search

Friday, May 29, 2009

Illustrator quickies



Call em' Saturday morning ideas laid out on digital canvas... I wake up like any other kid on the weekend, turn on the morning cartoons and power on my Adobe Illustrator on my mac book. Some of these ideas are things I randomly think of throughout the day. I give it some thought and than put in some work. While much of my ideas knock off some pop cultures favorite moments, my idea can sticks to your head till you realized I just did a parody of it. They're fun, cute, laughable... but will they make good on a shirt? This is one of the things I am blessed (and fortunate) to do as a designer... recreate my thoughts and see whether or not I like em'?

The Suisun City (top right) is a given... but how many folks in my small town will actually wear it? "Husky Boy" (bottom right) is a work in progress, somethings missing. (like a Husky dude, LOL) I'm digging the "Sexy Manangs strike back" (top left, this years "Miss Independent) but how many of em' actually watch Star Wars. The only one I'm in agreement with is the 3-color Santa Cruz inspired "Sexy Manangs" idea (bottom left) me and my investors wanna put out. That's basically how I work ideas out for myself... I think about it... create it and than look at it (for a while) and see if I want to actually go with it. No harm done, I'm my own boss and it's my time to make the call. Fun stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment