Pages

Search

Friday, May 29, 2009

Paul Wong no longer "Believes"


Paul Wong (left) "We Believe" founder. Tony.psd (right) inspired illustrator

I know this news is old, and broke out a few days ago but I didn't have a computer on me to blog up this post. (technical difficulties the past few days) If ya'll are from the Bay and love Warriors Basketball, ya'll know who started that "We Believe" movement... The Bay's very own Paul Wong! This big time fan had everyone believing in the W's in 2007 with his homemade "We Believe" signs. Dubs later made it to the playoffs upsetting the 1st seed Mavs! I was reading up on an article on the San Jose Mercury news and was sad to hear "Warriors "We Believe" fan no longer believes." The title alone was sad, but what became more of a bummer was seeing how the front office treated the guy. (I'll let ya'll read up and see for yourself)

For me, Paul Wong was an inspiration on my artistic tip. He made use of what he had and went to the home games with 1 simple message: Believe. I would see folks like him and other people make cardboard signs and get there messages up on TV... I wanted that that feeling too, but I wanted to get my drawings out for everyone to see and have fun with it. Thanks Paul for showing me the way... and best of luck. The Warriors just lost their biggest fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment