Pages

Search

Sunday, August 21, 2011

First look: Tony.psd's design studio


11 years ago when I graduated and received my degree in graphic arts communication I told myself "One day, I want to have my own design studio... where I can do what I love most" The first thing on my mind was landing a job in the field and I did, respectively. I've been a corporate designer for 11 years and it's been a roller coaster ride of strict deadlines, grueling proofing rounds and everything else in between. At the same time I learned so much from my peers about how the industry works and becoming a better, more efficient designer as each year passed. Experience is something no one can take from you. In April, I was let go of my job of 7 years and I did not look at it as a negative thing, I saw it as a blessing.

The pictures you see above is my future design studio of Tony.psd. (We actually just rented a space, it's not the whole building lol) It's located in the heart of Silicon Valley. (Santa Clara to be exact.) Tony.psd will become a full time establishment for myself. This is my new 9-5. (or until each project is completed) I'm not going to be doing freelance work anymore on the side. I'm going to me my own boss with a set schedule, a long list of goals and a budget to get the company moving. I'll be focusing on my personal line of designs and apparel alongside helping those in need of graphic services that are printed or apparel based. I'll be involved with label fairs, festivals and street events. I'd also like to participate with San Jose's creative art community and collaborate with others.

This is where I see my future, we don't always have this opportunity to realize what we want to do with our lives. I'm thankful it came sooner than expected. "If you do what you love, you'll never have to work a day in your life." - Unknown.

2 comments:

  1. Tony,
    This is way cool. Here's wishing you the best of everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you give perspective on this post, Tony. Much congrats and blessings for your studio and all your projects! A big hug for you and Gemm :)

    ReplyDelete