Pages

Search

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

First look: Style Misia "Rhythmeticulous" cover art


Style Misia and I have been good friends for over a decade now. Even when he moved down to SoCal we still collaborated on projects. He's the talented Producer/Emcee and I was his designer. We have a mutual respect for one another's work so when SM comes knocking for work it's hard for me to say no to a great friend. I enjoy his music, especially his beats and that encourages me to make sure I come through with a proper design. When the music is good, the design is good. No question.

The design concept behind "Rhythmeticulous" focuses on SM's influence in music. He gave me a lot of ideas to work with- SM wanted to see musical notes, a gang of speakers, sound waves, etc. It sounded like a lot of stuff but the whole idea for me was to blend all these elements together and not get him lost in the mix. At the same time, I was blessed with SM giving me 100% creative control on the project. He trusted my judgement. A rarity I get with clients these days. (which is why I gave up doing freelance work) Basically, he let me have fun with this project and in return I gave him the best damn photoshop work I could create. I didn't want to give him some cookie-cutter photoshop work I was prone to doing 6-7 years ago. Both of us have come along way in our careers. His beats are sharper than ever and for me, I've never felt more confident in my work. This was a great project to work on and a personal favorite.

Style Misia's "Rhythmeticulous" drops 4/26 on digital download .
View the official cover art here (via photobucket)

No comments:

Post a Comment