Pages

Search

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Coolin' with Warriors Hype-Man Franco Finn


We met Warriors Hype-Man Franco Finn 5 years ago at my cousin's wedding. The guy has always been a class act. No matter how busy he is at games, he always takes the time to say what's up to friends, family and Warrior Fans alike. That means a lot to us, he's in the public spotlight and is a positive presence around everyone. I've got nothing bad to say about the guy, Warrior games are always fun with the GTOe TV Crew in Oracle Arena.

Franco politely asked me how business was going financially with the Warriors related art I do. I'll be honest with everyone, 2 years ago I really tried to make it work. I had this idea about getting paid and using the exposure I already had to make bank. For me, I tried to hard, expected too much and that pursuit of getting paid became work. I became inconsistent, my drawings were kinda dull (wow, Monta dunking...) and I didn't have the passion I did when The Warriors made it to the playoff's in 07' in my drawings. I felt like I was drawing just to make money.

When 2011 rolled by, I had this goal. Take no more clientele and just have fun drawing! it's only been a little over 3 weeks and I'm having the time of my life. I'm drawing consistently, my idea's are amusing and I'm interacting and having fun (via my twitter and Facebook pages) with my friends, fans and followers. I'm having fun illustrating because I'm not trying to sell anyone anything. (I do sell shirts, but it's on you if you see the humor, lol) I told Franco, "I haven't been this happy drawing since the 07' We Believe Warriors, that was hella fun!" Hapiness > money any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment