Pages

Search

Sunday, December 27, 2009

2009 year in review - Golden State Designs



I sort of had to flip the script this year. I love doing vector drawings of our beloved Golden State Warriors but time was so limited for me due to a hectic work schedule. So, I went with more photoshop parodies which worked well to my advantage. It had folks laughing and even sparked a number of issues ("We Suck" and "Bag Heads" for example) Illustrations on Adobe Illustrator took too much time... 6-7 hours I never had in 2009. The photoshop stuff fared well with readers on GSoM, I basically just wanted to add a touch of some of my favorites Hip-Hop related media projects and incorporate the Warriors into the fold. Everything from Cover parodies from Eric B. and Rakim, Mobb Deep, Raekwon and Kid Cudi played a roll in some Warriors flavor. It was all merely for fun and a good laugh. Considering our rough season (losses over wins) this was strictly for cheering up some folks. There will be more in 2010... HOPEFULLY a mixture of art and photoshops.

No comments:

Post a Comment