Pages

Search

Thursday, September 3, 2009

My first "Break Record" design



This brings back some serious memories. Shout out to Tape Master Steph for hooking me up with this wonderful pic! This is on some 1999 poorman's photoshop shit! I remember when I told Steph I was going to school to be a Graphic Artist and he hit me up for some work. I know it was a little 4-5 inch label but it was work! We got real imaginative on this one and didn't rely on Photoshop as much back than. The logo, title, and sub header were all done using a white out pen over black construction paper... we just scanned that in! (back when scanners cost a grip and were huge! Everyone came over, I was like the 1st dude on the block that owned one!) Placed it on a Photoshop template courtesy of Rainbow Records, (they're still around!) toyed around with the text and shipped it off.

Thanks for the memories Steph, it was just a small 12-inch label project but it was big thangs for both of us. The late nights moving things around, eating Costco ready pot stickers and messing around in between designs, I wouldn't trade any of that for the world. You were one of my first customers! 10 years in the making yo!

No comments:

Post a Comment