Pages

Search

Saturday, April 25, 2009

The wonders of Photoshop


Hey... You wanted that? ...where? A photo shoot isn't in your budget? Well my friend, We can do all that in Photoshop!

You can do just about anything in Adobe Photoshop. (or can you?) For me, Photoshop was like learning how to play the piano. The more you practiced the better you would get, but with Photoshop terms... you start to learn the tricks of the trade and your eyes starts seeing things others really can't by making adjustments. By the time you're taking in clients, you're able to make changes on the fly and treat any clients projects the way they envisioned it.

Take for example my buddy L.E.F.T. (Bash Brothers) who comes to me with some ideas for a mix-cd cover but doesn't have certain props to make it come to life, so we adlib it on Photoshop! (yea, bottom left piece- that was from a dope Rakim photo shoot!) The 2 top pics display our attempt at a photo shoot... nothing special, to capture that Rakim concept I told him to stand like him and since we didn't have a mic stand on hand, we propped a mop handle instead. (lol) For the pic on the top right, Lefty wanted the pic to be a little more exciting like him chilling under a streetlight or something. The pics we took weren't that great with our 4 mega pixel camera but the magic came when you uploaded those files to Photoshop...

He turned a mop handle into a microphone! Looking at the final 2 pieces on the bottom, I really can't go step by step on what I did (feel free to ask questions) but everything in my right mind was used to make this happen and have my homie Lefty one happy client. With Photoshop, you're tricking the eye and making it see what it wants to see. Lefty didn't come to me asking for hella bling, b!tches and boatloads of cash all over the place, his straight forward ideas were made possible with a sprinkle of that .psd touch! Follow the Bay Area's Bash Brothers on Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment