Pages

Search

Monday, April 27, 2009

Straight Outta D-Villa


Photo by Ed Pingol. Featuring Maritess and Friends. H.W.A. by Tony.psd

Leave it to Bay Area Photographer Ed Pingol, for capturing this precious moment with the best of friends. Bless Maritess B. alongside her friends, for getting together to do this grand photo shoot and showing everyone, friendships do last a lifetime... and blame it on me for catching the similarities of a wonderful pose and compare it to one of Hip-Hop's most infamous covers courtesy of N.W.A...! All the credit goes to Ed Pingol, Maritess and her wonderful friends who I went to school with (most of them!) for the bang up job to this great photo, and there's a story behind it.

When I did the H.W.A. idea, I asked Maritess what the "H" stood for and meant... she said it stood for "Horses" and I didn't want to mistaken it for "Hoes!" They are ALL classy ladies! One day, Maritess's friend Mary jokingly said "you whore" to one of the girls. Than one of the kids asked, "Auntie Mary what's a whore?" Mary answered "not whore baby, I said horse." From then on it's been an inside joke that repeatedly came up and stuck. LOL, I had no idea that's how the story would go, I actually thought it had to do with horoscopes and spiritual enlightenment! Also, if your wondering what "D-Villa" meant on the cover, it's the area in our school they hung out at. (There were 4 sections of the school)

Special thanks to everyone who did their thing, like I said, when I saw this photo it made me think of one of my favorite Hip-Hop albums and you know I love using photoshop!

3 comments:

  1. LOL. thanks for clearing up the "h". Again great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should have been M.W.A.
    "Manangs"

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL... I was expecting a story about friendship, pain and happiness and it all started with the word "whore..." hahahahaha! You guys are awesome!

    ReplyDelete