Pages

Search

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My first project for GSoM


Bringing it back like it was July, 2007... my debut on GSoM!

Whoa Nelly! I thought I lost this! Back in 2007, I was in the process of switching computers and just couldn't find the original folder I saved this in. Had to whip this old school flavor out... I just can't believe it's been almost 2 years since I first posted this Monta Ellis piece on my debut with Golden State of Mind. (July 27, 2007) A lot of the credit goes to my wife. Back in 2007 (We Believe Years, lol) she constantly reminded me to join this website called "GSoM" she was like "Oh man, all my friends are in it and there's so much news about the Warriors" (it was like joining myspace!)

The first few months on GSoM I was just posting away little ideas I had along with the handful of signs I brought to the games and got some pretty good feedback. It wasn't until July of that year GSoM's Atma Brother One invited me to join the crew and submit regular posts to the site daily. How could I say no? One of the perks that made me say yes was the creative freedom the group gives me which still stands today. I remember this Ellis drawing quite well, I was so scared folks were gonna hate on it! It did alright, shoot it was even posted on Henry Abbotts blog roll on ESPN. Looking back, I can see the progress and detail in my work from back than and what I need to work on still. I greatly appreciate the opportunity and publicity GSoM has given me throughout the past 2 years. (I'm forever in debt to you guys, hahaha!) They've given me the freedom to draw out what I feel and to share it with the gang of Warrior fans out there. Thanks a bunch fellas'!

No comments:

Post a Comment