Pages

Search

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Fear the Beard


2007-2008: I wish I was little bit taller! Always good to see the FTB folks at any Warrior home game!

If it isn't Golden State of Mind I enjoy reading on a daily basis, you have to check out Fear the Beard. I was first introduced to FTB after the Warriors 07 playoff run from my buddy Atma Brother One over at GSoM. (via iChat aka the old twitter, LOL) "Hey Man, check out my folks website... They post about the Warriors" ...this is usually how finding good sites are started. When I first went on the site, there was this very inviting Baron Davis icon with their FTB logo right next to it. What got me was their tag line: "The Left Coast Culture Blog with a High IQ" (Hmm... could have sworn it said something different, but similar 2 years ago...) Long story short, I was hooked.

What I enjoy most about FTB is their knack for writing, it makes me come back on a regular basis. (I'm torn between Hater Tuesday and Fine art Friday) Even after Baron Davis left (peep this classic BD vid) they cease to amaze me on the countless posts about NBA Basketball, fine art, good music, Politics and you guessed it... beards. (They even got me to listen to Anticon again lol, I'm a big Sole and Pedestrian fan) With our Golden State Warriors failing season after season, (not making it to the playoffs, etc.) FTB is one of those rare sites that puts a little bit of that pride back in Bay Area basketball and everything else around it.

No comments:

Post a Comment