Pages

Search

Friday, May 11, 2012

Field trip at Tony.psd's studio!

I had the honor to welcome students from Ocala middle school on behalf of "Bay Area ASAS," a program that provides free comprehensive out-of-school programming for our youth. I welcomed in these great kids to discuss career opportunities related to their interests and find encouraging role models within their communities. I briefly spoke about my career as a graphic designer and how I got started. They had fantastic questions from what I loved about my job to what I hated, lol. My advice in the end was simple: Do what you love, make that your work. If you're gonna break into my industry, stand out like a sore thumb and learn the basic fundamentals but add a personal twist to it.

It was a pleasure and wish these kids nothing but the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment