Pages

Search

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Post 200: 3 Important events of 2011

As we celebrate post 200 of 2011, I reflect on 3 important events that are about to open the doors of 2012 wide open with my company and a creative outlook. This was one hell of a year and we made the absolute best of it!

1) April 2011: I was let go of my job of 7 years. I've always considered myself a hard worker, the company was going a different direction. When the news broke between me and my boss, I saw it as a blessing to pursue greater things... I did not expect the next 2 events.

2) September 2011: After a dozen promising job interviews, I realized the industry had changed. It was more corporate if not complex to get your foot in the door. 11 years of experience just wasn't enough. A friend told me "If you do what you love, you'll never have to work a day in your life." By mid August I decided to open up my own design studio. 50% of my work focused on my apparel design and personal projects while the other half focused on design consulting with clients. We opened shop September 1st, 2011.

3) November 23, 2011: Our first public appearance at a bay area event and a successful Black Friday - Holiday campaign that resulted in 7 shirt designs released (3 new designs, 2 reprinted, 2 new Beast mode color ways) with no over stock. Success never tasted so good - it wasn't about how much we made, it's how much we accomplished in so little time. 2012 is going to be nothing but winning,

No comments:

Post a Comment