Pages

Search

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Golden State Comic Books


LOL... just having fun with classic comic covers... just think if I actually drew out some content!

My friends and family know when I was growing up, I read a ton of comic books. As a young teen I blossomed a little late when it came to socializing and flirting with the ladies, LOL... I was happy as is, reading a good comic book and getting hyped for the next issue month after month. Yea it sounds kind of dorky but look at what it's rewarded me today. When I started posting ideas and artwork for Golden State of Mind, they gave me a lot of creative freedom. Because I was so comic book minded, I experimented with a number of classic covers and ideas within the comic book genre and gave it that Golden State Warriors touch. From Killing off We Believe and our Mascot Thunder (Death of Super Man saga) to introducing this years 08-09 Warriors Roster (Giant Sized X-Men issue 1) it was sky's the limit in just having some fun. We even poked fun at a "What If..." sceanrio that to this day, has people wondering what would have happened if KG joined the Warriors?

It's always been about having fun with the ideas, and getting people to bug out realizing their favorite comic book has a touch of that Warriors flavor! Don't forget to peep "Amazing Thunder" concept down below!

No comments:

Post a Comment